Monday, December 25, 2006

Overview of Skyeye

SkyEye is an Open Source Simulator, which simulates series ARM architecture based microprocessors and Blackfin DSP Processor. Users can run Operating Systems such as Linux, uCLinux, uC/OS-II for ARM and can analyze or debug in source level.

By reason of the need of client, we’ll integrate a ARM Instruction Simulator to the LambdaPRO. May be it will be a open source one, or a commerce one. Of course, the best choice is to select a open source simulator.

I studied Skyeye several Months ago, for I am a poor boy. There isn’t enough money to buy a experimental board for myself. Now it works, haha.

After downloaded the latest version of skyeye(skyeye-v1.2_Rel), I tried to run make. Oh god, it made error as follows:

make: *** No rule to make target `binary/dev_lcd_ep7312.o', needed by `binary/libdev.a'. Stop

I tried another make as “make NO_LCD=1”, that works, a binary file skyeye.exe was made by the linker. Then I understood that there may be something wrong with the latest version of skyeye. BUG, BUG, waha , I committed it to the sourceforge.net, and the continued my work.

After an hour’s work, I had run our own os on skyeye successfully, that’s a simple application with three tasks print some messages to the serial port.

En, a wonderful work today.

No comments: