Monday, December 25, 2006

How to build SkyEye staticly

I resolved the problem occurred yesterday. Which can’t be builded successfully in skyeye-v1.2 Rel. The problem is the WinRAR did a bad job and decompressed the compressed files in a wrong state. I got a new copy from the Sourcefore this morning, builded it all right.

There is also a problem today, that is how to build SkyEye staticly? Acorrding to the README.txt, just need to run make STATIC=1. But I met a link error as follows:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [binary/skyeye] Error 1


That error means there isn’t gtk-x11-2.0.a in the /lib, I searched it, of course it isn’t existed. How can I get it? How many libs would I need?

After readed the README again, I found that:

4 required packages:

gtk+-2.0-dev pkg-config atk-dev pango-dev freetype2-dev glib-dev x11-dev binutils-dev(bfd)


That means I need to find the source of gtk, atk and so on. And Build them in a static way to get .a file. Then I can use make STATIC=1 command to make a staticly SkyEye.

Although I found the way to make it staticly, I would not to try it at once, after all, it may take much time. I think I’ll do it when I need them. haha

No comments: